Thursday, March 13, 2008

Governor Spitzer: Advantage Lost



Eliot Spitzer had a chance to turn his personal, private, non-policy failings, an act not even illegal in parts of the United States, into a media advantage for the Democratic Party. I wish instead of resigning, he had stated the following the following:

"Though what I did in Washington DC was illegal in that jurisdiction, I stress that my acts did not lead to the deaths of thousands of civilians and United States soldiers. I may have played around with a hooker, I did not play around with CIA intelligence. I may have manipulated a pretty, willing, highly paid woman to do my bidding but I did not manipulate multiple scraggly, unemployed, underpaid civilians into the armed forces in order to secure oil profits that never appeared. I may be despicable in the eyes of my wife, my children and some old-fashioned Victorian-principled biddies who believe a woman should not be allowed to make a decent living turning tricks, but I have not hired mercenaries to indiscriminately kill women and babies. Until President Bush and his cabinet step down for the untold misery they have unleashed in the Middle-East and upon working-class United States citizens, I will remain the governor of New York State.

No comments: