Friday, January 2, 2009

Holidays, 2008

Well, I'm glad that's over. Had a rough season. It started out well-enough, when I got engaged to Jessica. Her step-father, unfortunately, passed away less than a week later. On December 23, my great-uncle, whom I was very close to, passed away as well. They will be missed.

So the holiday season was a whirlwind of work (everyone wants to post programs by December 31 in my industry) travel, funeral pereparations, future nephews stayinhg with us in Brooklyn, a funeral, Christmas parties, another funeral, Wii and no running.

It was good to wash away 2008 with cocktails provided by Death and Company and begin to think again about the future.

I must say that I am happy with my Shea Stadium project, my semi-usual running schedule and the number of books I read in 2008. Perhaps in 2009 I will finish a marathon or write a novel. I expect to do both in my lifetime. I wonder which will happen first.

2 comments:

kenny said...

Tommy - so sorry about your losses, but CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! Kate and I are coming up on 10 years married... I highly recommend it! :) Stay in touch.

Tommy said...

Thanks, Kenny. You and Kate are lucky. It took Jessica and me a little longer to meet each other. Thankfully, it is totally worth the wait.