Monday, October 6, 2008

Shea Stadium: 1964 - 2008 - October 4, 2008

I’ve decided to do a photo series on the dismantling of Shea Stadium. I plan to go once a week to the place where I spent so many summer days and so many autumn heartbreaks where I will document the razing of the field. I’m sad to see it go. I find some irony in the fact that it is 44 years old, the same age that Ebbets Field was when they tore down that stadium. At the same time, the Citi Field’s (the new Shea) look is based upon the old field from Brooklyn. I guess we can expect to see a new field in 2052 based upon the look of Shea. Hopefully it will be back in Brooklyn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Yankees!

Tommy said...

Oh... I'm sure plenty of people will be documenting the demolition of Yankee Stadium. Even though I'm a Mets fan, tearing down Yankee Stadium is a crime. New York baseball fans bemoan losing the Polo Grounds and Ebbets Field. Now New York is going to loose the House Ruth Built. Shea I can take of leave. I must say, I was much sadder walking out of Yankee Stadium during the last week of the season than I was on the last day at Shea.